Take five and play some music at your home shrine. Try doing one (or more than one, or all) of the following:
- Put a favorite song on the radio and play it at your Home Shrine. Don’t forget to invite your Gods/Spirits/Thoughtforms/Entities to accept the offering (or even join in)!
- Dance to the music.
- Sing something.
- Play a musical instrument? Play a song or solo!
- Dedicate some music practice to one of your Gods/Entities/Thoughtforms/Spirits.
Spread the devotion (and, more importantly, the good music) by reblogging this post with your song of choice!
Today in the Hellenic Calendar:
- According to the Attic calendar, it’s the 25th of the month of Pyanepsión.
- The Hellenic Calendar is made up of four-year cycles based on when the Olympics were held in ancient Olympia. We are in the second year of the 698th Olympiad.
- The 25th of the lunar month is not traditionally associated with any Olympian Theoi, though Hesiod suggests it is held sacred to Horkos (the personification of Oath). It was thought to be a difficult day, particularly for oath-breakers.
- Drew Campbell’s list of daily devotions suggest reading Orphic Hymns 58, 68, and 69 to the Moirai (Fates) and the Erinyes / Eumenides as protectors of sacred oaths.
- NOTE: Regarding the Orphic Hymns, the public-domain Thomas Taylor translation combines the first two prayers (#0, “To Musaeus,” and #1, “To Hecate”) into one ginormous prayer. The Apostolos Athanassakis translation keeps the two separate. Theoi.com uses Taylor’s Translation (again, because it’s public domain), but Drew Campbell drew from Athanassakis. So if, say, Campbell suggests using Hymn 34 (“To Apollo”), Your Mod will follow Taylor’s numbering system and link to Hymn 33 on Theoi.com. The more you know~
- The ancient Hellens divided their lunar month into three sets of 10 days (or two of 10 and one of 9), called “decades,” rather than a number of 7-day weeks. This last decade of the lunar month is a good time to wrap up projects. (Wondering why we’re counting down instead of up now? The last decade counts the days backwards!)
- Know any good e-shrines? Have any corrections or suggestions? Send us an ask or fanmail!